Here is my rendition of a Cheddar Cream of Broccoli Soup. It comes out rich and creamy, and easily serves four large portions. Perfect for a cold and gloomy day. Done in about forty minutes.
- 2 to 3 stocks of Broccoli
- 1 half white onion
- 3 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 3 cups water
- 1.5 chicken broth cubes
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Cups of White Sauce
- 1 to 2 Cups of grated Cheddar
- Loosely chop broccoli into florets
- Finely chop onions
- Prepare White Sauce
- Start to boil broth by mixing one and half chicken broth cubes into 3 cups of water.
- Saute chopped onion in melted butter over medium heat until tender.
- Add Broth and Broccoli and simmer for 10 mins.
- Crush Broccoli with a fork (a Potato Masher will work as well).
- Slowly mix in White Sauce.
- Slowly add in Cheddar.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 mins and server.
The longer you simmer the soup for, the creamer it will become.
"This recipe is thick and flavorful. It is simple, delicious, and quick to make, enjoy (I know you will)."
Original Source: allrecipes