My White Sauce recipe as used in my Cream of Broccoli Soup. Its very simple, but its not a easy as it seems. I have had many a sauce not work out.
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- 3 Tablespoons of White All-Purpose flour
- 2 Cups of 1% Milk
- Melt Butter in a medium hot pot. Temperature is very important here. Too hot and the sauce will burn, too cool and butter and milk will not mix properly. On a scale of 1 to 10, somewhere around 7 seems to be the sweet spot.
- Slowly add Milk while stirring.
- Slowly mix in flour while stirring. Try too break up any lumps as quickly as possible.
- Continue stirring for 5 to 8 mins until sauce becomes thick and a bubbly.
Once it has reached the consistency you want, it is complete.